Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I had to try it...

...so I did.

I had to try biking for a spell and then running. It was crazy. I didn't know that my legs could feel like that. I didn't know my body could feel like that. It was all herky jerky and I didn't feel like I could get any rhythm. I was also undecided as to how far I'd be jogging, so any resemblance of a normal pace was out the window. I'd try to pace it out, then I'd have to run harder...

...it's going to take some time...

I'm now about 5 weeks out from the race and I'm also heading out of town all next week. This is going to be tricky.

All in all though, for the bike, my pace was right on. 3:30 mile and the run was just over 8 per. I'd really like to get that run down to 7:30 or so, perhaps some speedwork or hills this week and for the rest of the weeks leading up to the race?

We'll see...

No comments: